In today’s technological era, robots are becoming increasingly common. Robotics has become a popular hobby. There are many robotics kits in the market but they can be very costly. Most people cannot afford to buy these expensive kits. Here, we would like to teach you to build your own robot using Maker UNO board and other affordable components. You can even control your robot using your android phone.
List Of Component
- Maker UNO – Arduino UNO Compatible
- 2WD Smart Robot Car Chassis
- L298N Dual H Bridge Motor/Stepper Driver
- Bluetooth Serial Transceiver HC05
- Male to Male Jumper Wire
- Male to Female Jumper Wire
- Breadboard Mini(35mmx42mm) – Red
- 4xAA Battery Holder
- GP 4 x AA Supercell Battery
- Optional – LiPo Battery 7.4V 900mAH (AA alternative)
- Optional – LiPo Power Shield (AA alternative)
1. Prepare the components as the list above.
2. Solder a male to male jumper wire to each motor terminal.
3. Assemble the robot body by referring to this guide.
4. Arrange and place the boards on the body.
5. Connect the wires according to the circuit diagram.
This guide is assuming that you have already read the Getting Started for Maker UNO and installed the Arduino IDE. If not, you can refer it here.
1. Open the Arduino IDE and paste the following code into the sketch
2. Plug in the Maker UNO and upload the code.
Remote Control using Android Phone
1. Install the Apps
2. Pair your phone with the robot, the bluetooth ID is HC-06. Use passkey 1234. This is usually done in the bluetooth settings.
3. Open the apps and press the connect button. Connect to the robot that we have just paired.
4. Press the directional button to move the robot.
5. Let’s play and have fun!
Plug in the Maker UNO and upload the code.